Female Ecobank Staff Still Reportedly Missing After One Week


Bukola Ogundolie-Olowookere, a staff of Ecobank was declared missing after she was last seen on Thursday (5th of May, 2016) around Canoe Area of Ajao Estate, Isolo LAGOS, where she was dropped off by her colleague at work on her way home, The Nation reports.

The 33-year-old Mrs Olowookere and her three colleagues in the car work at Bourdillon, Ikoyi branch of the bank.

With her were Bayo Ogunrinyo, Henry Ejimofo, who are in her branch, and Itar Mukhtar, a senior colleague from another branch, who drove the car.

The police have interrogated the colleagues, who dropped her at Canoe Bus stop in Oke-Afa, Isolo, Lagos, around 8.30pm of that fateful day.

Ogunrinyo was said to have alighted at Oshodi; Mrs Olowookere dropped at Canoe Bus stop; the others, who live in Ikotun, drove on.

Mrs Olowookere’s elder brother Mr Seyi Ogundolie said the police have quizzed her colleagues adding that he learnt about his sister’s fate late in the night of last Thursday.

“We initially reported the matter to Ejigbo Police Station but since we needed them to move fast on it, we were transferred from Ejigbo to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) Ikeja headquarters.

“They are doing their investigations. They have called her colleagues for questioning – those that claimed to have dropped her off. So, we are waiting for further update from them,” he said.

Ogundolie, who hails from Ondo State, said he spoke with his sister last Wednesday.

He described his sister’s disappearance as disturbing, adding: “The first question I asked her husband is if he did not quarrel with his wife and maybe she went to our parents’ house. But it was so late in the night when I got the call. When I asked him if they quarrelled and he said no. I spoke with their pastor in the morning and he said their relationship is better than it used to be that they don’t suspect that there was a quarrel. We went as far as going to my parents’ house early the next morning. She wasn’t there when I went there as early as 6am and as at then, we have not had any clear picture of what happened to her the night before until much more later when we got the phone numbers of those she was in the vehicle with.

Source: The Nation



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *